Saturday, November 15, 2008

Brews And A Blog: Episode 2

Well, boys and girls it's Saturday night and I've got nothing really going on, so I figured I should check in with all of you before Wrath of the Lich King shatters what little bit of a social life I have. So let's get this thing fired up...

=== Starting Beer 1 ... ===

This afternoon, I took a trip up to Concord with my father. I had decided to go up on a tip from a coworker about a little establishment called "Barb's Beer Emporium." So for the better part of an hour I sat in a car with my dad accompanied by awkward silence, broken up occasionally by small talk.

Finding the place was the easiest part of the trip. Literally, the place is conveniently located on North Main Street. It's roughly the size of a convenience store, which makes sense because that's what used to be there according to the various online newspaper articles I read about it.

The most prominent feature of this establishment is the wall of microbrew coolers. I probably should have written a couple of names down because I'm having some difficulty remembering what was there.

=== Beer 1 complete! Starting Beer 2... ===

They also give you the option of mixing a 6 pack for about $10. I'll admit that's a little steep for a six-pack, but what you really pay for is the variety. Not to mention the fact that I can try new kinds of beer without having to commit to an entire six-pack or go out to a bar and run the risk of socializing. (Ba-dum-tish.)

I ended up picking up two mixed six-packs, one with some brands like Magic Hat and Flying Dog and a second one that consisted of some Sam Adams flavors that I have yet to sample.

My father and I were there for a lot less time than it took us to actually get there, but we did come to the conclusion that we would both be back again soon. My dad even ended up cracking a joke about how if my mother had gone he'd be bankrupt, then we both laughed in that nervous sort of "Oh shit, that's actually true" sort of way.

So anyways, that's Barb's Beer Emporium located on 208 North Main Street in Concord, NH. Stop on by if you're in the area, it's worth the trip.

No comments: